This is the running plan that I will be following for the next 8 weeks on my 30 Day Fit Mommy Challenge. I found the plan on Women’s Running, and I have included short descriptions on each of the workouts below.
– Run for the time indicated at a pace that is 65% of your max. heart rate.
– If you do not have a heart rate monitor, aim for a 5 out of 10 on the perceived effort scale,
(ie. run at a comfortable pace).
– Perform strength-training exercises, including squats, lunges, pushups, deadlifts, planks and overhead presses for the time indicated.
– Perform all intervals on a steep hill or a treadmill set to 6-8% incline.
– Run 10 minutes at an easy pace to warm up.
– Sprint up the hill for 30 seconds at a very challenging effort.
– Recover by jogging down the hill (or at a 0-incline for two minutes).
– Complete as many prints as indicated.
– Finish the workout with another 10 minutes of easy running.
– Run at an easy pace for 20 to 45 minutes.
– Take the day off from exercise.
– Walk of perform a gentle workout like yoga, if you wish.