- If you are applying as a family (more than one person), then all persons must sign the form.
- Make sure to include your complete mailing address. Provide a phone number and email, if available
- You must send in the original fingerprint card. DO NOT send in a copy of it.
- Make sure to include your name and date of birth.
- Don’t try to take your fingerprints at home. The FBI is VERY particular about the quality of the fingerprints. If the fingerprints are not acceptable they will be rejected. You will lose a lot of time trying to save a couple dollars. It’s just not worth it.
- Fingerprints with ink or via live scan are acceptable. Send fingerprints for each person applying.
- Option 1: Pay by Credit Card, which i highly recommend. Use THIS FORM to pay via Credit Card. Make sure to include the expiration date of the card.
- Option 2: Obtain a money order of certified check for US$18 made out to Treasury of the United States. Don’t forget to sign the check 😉 Include US$18 for each person on the application, and each copy requested.
Important Note: Personal Checks, Cash or business check are not accepted. A personal/business check is not accepted because it is not guaranteed, but only a promise to pay the said amount. That’s why I said a Credit Card/Debit Card is the best method. Refer to the Checklist for more information.
What to expect?
If they don’t find any Criminal History on file, which if you have any at all, employment overseas might not be for you. So if your record is clean then you will receive a stamp that says something like, “No Criminal Record”
This is a good thing. Your next step will be to get your FBI CRC apostilled. Stay tuned for detailed instructions on that…