Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies
No-bake cookies are a BIG FAVOURITE in this home. Whenever we go to a party or event, I make these and take them along. I don’t ordinarily make them without the purpose of taking them to share, because we WILL eat all of them! I have never made this kind. Ordinarily I make the chocolate version of these, but since Hubby prefers less chocolate… I thought I would try a peanut butter only attempt. They came out PERFECT!
Even though most no-bake cookie recipes are similar, their small differences can really affect the outcome of the cookie. You really have to play around a bit to figure out the boil times to suit your preference. This recipe works really well for me, and it’s the one that we go back to time after time.
For some variety, I also rolled a few of the cookies into bite-size balls. They look really nice like this, and I think that they will store better in the fridge. The final verdict, however, is that hubby still prefers the cookies in their original form.
Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter OR coconut oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine sugar, butter, and milk.
- Bring to a rapid boil and boil for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and the peanut butter.
- Stir in the oats until well blended then immediately drop by tablespoons onto waxed paper.
- Let cool until set.
Who doesn’t love peanut butter cookies?